Software Engineer (Part-Time)
Sept 2018 - April 2019 | Remote
From September 2018 to April 2019, I worked remotely part-time while taking classes at UBC on RTrade’s primary product Temporal (an API interface into distributed and decentralized storage technologies) and its related services. My work involved leveraging technologies like Golang, Docker, gRPC, PostgreSQL, and Interplanetary Filesystem (IPFS) (a globally distributed filesystem) across projects such as:
- designing, building, and deploying a new IPFS node orchestration and registry agent that serves as the backbone for Temporal’s private network service. The service handles automated and on-demand deployment, resource management, metadata persistence, and fine-grained access control for IPFS nodes running within Docker containers.
- revamping RTrade’s search engine service for improved results, more structured data management, improved performance, a new gRPC-based API, and new features like OCR capabilities
- building and integrating a new object encryption/decryption tool for assets stored by customers on the service
- establishing a framework for quickly deploying production-like test environments for effective integration testing
- refactoring the core codebase into extensible and reusable packages
Most of the company’s work is open-source, so you can see all my pull requests for RTrade on GitHub!
About RTrade Technologies
RTrade Technologies designs and builds cutting-edge blockchain solutions, with the goal of enabling any blockchain-based applications to scale in a secure and efficient manner. Their core product is Temporal, a suite of open-source APIs for distributed data storage solutions that can be easily integrated into any existing application stack, quickly and safely scaling projects with turnkey Interplanetary Filesystem (IPFS) tools.