nwHacks 2019 Official Website
I joined the nwPlus team to work for a while on their web projects, which powers events like nwHacks - one of the biggest hackathons in western Canada. During my time with their team, I helped kickstart work on the nwHacks 2019 website with contributions such as:
- project setup and configuration
- implementations of design assets provided by the nwPlus design team (#20, #21, #41, etc.)
- setting up implementation of responsive layouts (#56, etc.)
- internal structuring (#30, #39, #14, etc.)
- setting up a development deployment using another student-made tool, Inertia, that enabled faster feedback and development cycles (#32)
- helped set up Google Cloud Firestore rules and document designs
Experimented with different internal APIs and discussed various implementations with feedback from teammates - from #21.
Fully response website! More examples and implementation details at #56.
Navigation bar implementation demo from #41. Demos were very helpful for both the dev team and the designers to quickly give feedback to each other and improve designs that maybe don't look so great in practice - for example, the navigation bar design was changed once a designer had a look at the implementation.